Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 139

Thread: Life: Birthdays

  1. #41
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I can't stand chemistry >_< Good luck...

    I'd like to have my wedding on some mountain or something.

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ April 28, 2004 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Xellos ]</font>

  2. #42
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...Weddings are a rip off though.

    Me and Wife to be: "We could have a big wedding, or we could have a big house and financal security..."

    Which would you pick?

  3. #43
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Beat-chan:

    I've seen wedding documentaries on tv that have the ceremeony at some scenic area or historical buildings and ships. One of em took place at this Japanese style restaurant and it had a beautiful courtyard with a Japanese garden too. I thought it was nifty but that's just me [img]tongue.gif[/img] since I wouldn't really want it in a church.

    That rocks. I've heard of a few places that will do that (like manors or castles).


    biochemistry is what I plan on slaving away on in college (hahhaha mad scientist, not really)

    That's pretty cool, good luck with it!


    IRT OCB:

    "We could have a big wedding, or we could have a big house and financal security..."

    Or we could have a medium-sized wedding and ask 'rents for some money if it's too much, and we can get our new home furnitured and get all the stuff we need with a gift list in the wedding.


    You only marry once in a lifetime (or at least that's the idea); it's a unique moment and a big change in your life. I think it deserves a special celebration, and something that will make you remember it as the dearest, most special time in your life. YMMV.

  4. #44
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    But what about the odd divorce? Then you've wasted a lot of cash.

  5. #45
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think I'd have a bright future if I found the special person and I was going to marry her thinking on divorce. If I'm going to marry somebody, it's with the absolute certainty that I love her to death, and spending each and every one of my days with her is what I want most in the world.

  6. #46
    Inactive Member Ogreasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, the reason people have fancy wedddings is so that if you marry a rich girl you show her that you aren't in it for just the money, which you may or not be in it for.
    Basically it sort of says "See? I told you I really loved you now sign this paper that says when you die I get your cash."
    Thats what I rhink of marriage.
    I'm evil.

  7. #47
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Marriage is nothing like that. 99.9% of couples don't get married for the money.

  8. #48
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yea, I know I wouldn't. I wouldn't see it as right, nor would I enjoy getting money that way. I prefer to earn it honestly instead of taking it.

  9. #49
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    People who use marriage to get money are very, very sad.

  10. #50
    Inactive Member Ogreasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What do you mean 99.9%?
    Haven't you seen ANY movies?
    j/k lol
    I was kidding about the marriage thing.
    Hheeh,

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •